Wednesday 26 October 2011

Similar Products

I have deconstructed three double page spreads to see what the generic codes and conventions they include are. I will also be able to see what works well and what doesn't so I can make my own double page spread successful. The first double page spread is taken from The Daily Mail's TV listings magazine, 'Weekend.' It goes behind the scenes of the BBC1 drama, 'Merlin.' The second double page spread is taken from 'TV Choice' and is a summary of the new 'Spooks' series. The third double page spread is from the Radio Times and is about the new Doctor Who.


1. 'Merlin,' behind the scenes double page spread    


2. 'Spooks' summary double page spread.

3. 'Doctor Who,' behind the scenes double page spread

Out of the products I think that the first and the third are the most successful as it uses a wide range of features to appeal to and grab their target audiences attention. Whereas, the target audience for the second is less clear as it's very general. However, the bright colour scheme would appeal to my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment