Tuesday 24 January 2012

First Draft

This is the first draft of my double page spread.

After reviewing it myself, and asking members of my target audience what they thought of it, I have decided to do the following to my first draft:

  • Change the font size of the title, 'faceless,' as I feel the current size of 60pt is too small. I shall change it to size 90pt.
  • Change the formatting of the title. I shall change 'face' into bold and make the suffix of the word, 'less' in italics. This will help show the audience that the product relates to Facebook but has something extra to add.
  • Change the alingment of the lead paragraph.
  • Change the formatting of 'TV Choice' so it is easier to read. I will do this by making the text bold.
  • Remove hypenated words caused by the coloumns.
  • Change the text size to 9pt so the text isn't as big.
  • Make the pullout quote neater.
  • Include a 'Did You Know...' fact box. [Update 25/1/11- To create this used the shape tool to create three rectangle shapes; two blue and one white. I then used the 'arrange' to bring the send the shapes backwards and forwards so a blue-white-blue effect was created. The text was then brought to the top layer.]
  • Retake the main picture so the quality and framing is improved.
  • Check the formatting of the column widths. Now all of the columns in my double page spread have a width of 86.81mm.
  • Include the BBC 3 logo so the reader can easily identify which television channel the documentary will be aired on.
  • Change the main body of text to the serif font, Times New Roman.
  • Change the wording of the lead paragraph and get rid of the by line.

No comments:

Post a Comment