Tuesday 24 January 2012

Production

I created my newspaper advert on Adobe Indesign. I used several tools from this program when making my double page spread.

Gradient
I used the gradient tool to create a colour swatch that went from blue to white. I was then able to edit where the colours would start to fade into each other.

Column Tool
In the text frame options window, I created columns to display the main body of text in. I wanted to do this because all articles have their text displayed in columns. To do this I selected the text box and opened the text frame options menu. I then entered the amount of columns I wanted to create and the size of the guttering in-between the columns.


Drop Capital Tool
At the start of my article I wanted to have a drop capital as this is a generic convention of double page spreads. I used the drop capital text formatting tool to do this. I highlighted the letter I wanted to use and selected how many rows big I wanted it to be.


Transparency
I adjusted the transparency level of the Twitter bird picture using the effects tool.
Margins and Columns
Here I have adjusted the margins of the pages so that the size of the pages fit the generic conventions of a double page spread.


Image Border
I created borders to the images in my double page.

No comments:

Post a Comment