Tuesday 8 November 2011

Draft Layouts

I created four rough layouts of how I could set out the different elements of my advert. The elements I have included are:
  • Image of persons face
  • Name of documentary
  • Slogan for documentary
  • Quote from review
  • Logo of production company
  • Logo of channel documentary is to be aired on
  • Date and time of when the documentary is to be aired

Layout 1
I really like this layout as everything is in a logical order. This would enable the audience to understand the message the advert is trying to tell them. However, the text does distract the audience from the image underneath and is quite boring to look at.


Layout 2 
I like this layout because the rhetorical question in the slogan is at the top by itself and stands out. This would engage the audience’s attention and make them think. They would then look to see what the advert is about.


Layout 3 
I really like this layout because the documentary name is followed immediately by a quote from a review. This would make the reader want to read on and find out more about the documentary because the quote boasts about how good it is.


Layout 4
I’m not sure whether I like this quote or not. I think it’s interesting as the quote is isolated by itself at the top of the advert and would make the reader want to read on. However, the name of the documentary is placed at the bottom of the advert so the reader wouldn’t know what the advert is about straight away. This may confuse the reader.

After looking at the different layouts I have decided that I shall use layout 1 as it is visually pleasing to look at and makes the audience want to watch the documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment