Wednesday 2 November 2011

Mindmaps of Ideas

Here are the mindmaps and drawings I created when I was coming up with ideas for my double page spread.
I have mindmapped the following things:
  • Heading of double page spread
  • Content 
  • Images and colour scheme
  • Basic layouts I could use
1. In this mindmap I have looked at what the title of my double page spread could be called.
(If the mindmap doesn't work, please refresh the page)

I thought it would be best to have the name of the documentary as the heading of my double page spread because it will allow the audience to make a clear connection between the two products. It will also provide the products with continuity. I have therefore decided that the heading of my double page spread will be, 'Faceless: Who's following you?' which is the same title as my documentary.

 
2. Here I have discussed what my double page spread will focus on.
(If the mindmap doesn't work, please refresh the page)

There are lots of different aspects of my documentary which the double page spread could focus on. I liked the idea of creating a double page spread about social networking and then linking it to my documentary. However, my target audience may find this boring and wouldn't be interested in reading it. I also like the idea of the double page spread being a short interview with one of the cast members or Director. This will focus on the making of the documentary and will give the reader a behind the scenes glance of what it was like to make. I have therefore decided to do this idea and interview the presenter of the documentary. My target audience will like this idea as it is something I found out they liked in my research.

 
3. Here I have discussed what sort of images I would use in my double page spread. I have also discussed what colour scheme I could use.
(If the mindmap doesn't work, please refresh the page)

The images I uses need to be attention grabbing and interesting. I have decided to use a picture of the presenter so the audience can visually relate the article to the documentary easily. I have also decided to use a simple colour scheme of blue, black and white. However, I will use hints of other colours to grab the audiences attention.

 
4. Here I have drawn a few simple layouts which I could use for my double page spread. They include all of the elements I intend to use in my double page spread.



No comments:

Post a Comment