Thursday 10 November 2011

House Style

This is the house style I will be using when creating my advert. Most of the different aspects will be the same style as the ones I used in my double page spread so my products look like they belong together.

Text size
I will use the 72pt text size for the name of my documentary and I will use the 48pt text size for the slogan of my documentary.



I will use the text size 36pt for the rest of the information on the advert. However, the review quote I shall include will be a smaller font of 24pt. I have had to deviate from the house style I have used in my double page spread, as the text on the advert needs to be bigger to fulfill its purpose of grabbing the reader's attention.
Font
I will use the same serif font, OCR A Std, as I used in my double page spread so the two products have a sense of continuity.

[Update 21/1/12- After changing the font on my double page spread, I have decided to do the same for the advert. All of the text apart from the documentary slogan shall now be Arial. The slogan shall remain OCR A Std.]

Colour
I have decided to use a white, black and Facebook blue colour scheme so my double page spread and advert will look like they belong together. The white, black and blue colour scheme will also make the advert look modern. The background of the advert will be a black and white image. The heading, air date and slogan of the documentary will be white but it will be placed against a blue frame. The review and website URL will be black. I shall therefore use the pantone colour of 7455C.


No comments:

Post a Comment